Stay out all night long by visiting one of these cosy bars! We have found venues that are warm and tucked away from the cool Melbourne weather, making it ideal to settle in for the night with friends and family while you dine and drink.
1. The Garden Den, Trinket Bar
You will absolutely adore this eclectic cocktail lounge! The Trinket Bar in Melbourne CBD is filled with surprise, delight and plenty of vintage charm. Injecting some fun & adventure from the very beginning of your night, step through the wardrobe to enter this warm hidden bar.
- Venue: Trinket Bar
- Address: 87 Flinders Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Capacity: 50
- Event Type: Party, Networking, Team Activity
2. Exclusive Hire, Two Wrongs
Located on the iconic Chapel St in South Yarra, Two Wrongs is a striking venue where art meets space. With a delicious Mexican menu and a great selection of cocktails, this is the perfect venue to gather your friends and huddle inside, away from the cold weather. With magical lights and an incredible atmosphere, this space makes for a night you won’t forget.
- Venue: Two Wrongs
- Address: 637 Chapel St, South Yarra VIC 3141
- Capacity: 350
- Event Type: Party, Networking, Private Dining
3. Basement Bar , Ovolo South Yarra
Ovolo South Yarra blends past, present and progressive, a place where retro-chic and pop-art collide. The basement bar is an underground space made for the winter season, with plenty of art deco charm reimagined with eclectic art this is the perfect space to step back in time and most importantly – enjoy.
- Venue: Ovolo South Yarra
- Address: 234 Toorak Rd, South Yarra VIC 3141
- Capacity: 80
- Event Type: Party, Networking, Wedding, Private Dining, Conference, Presentation, Meetings & Workshops, Team Activity
4. Wine Bar, The Duke
Step into this warm and spacious venue in the heart of Melbourne, The Duke is perfect for private celebrations. With warm lights, exposed brick walls, and booth seating, this wine bar is nothing short of cozy. Winter is the perfect time to enjoy a glass of wine at this stunning bar.
- Venue: The Duke of Wellington
- Address: 146 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Capacity: 120
- Event Type: Party, Networking, Wedding, Team Activity, Meetings & Workshops
5. Island Bar, Death or Glory
Located in Prahran Melbourne, The Island Bar is a hidden retreat that instantly transports you from the hustle and bustle of busy Chapel street to a tropical island oasis getaway. This island inspired bar will warm your soul and ensure you forget about the cold weather outside.
- Venue: Death or Glory
- Address: 218 Chapel St, Prahran VIC 3181
- Capacity: 40
- Event Type: Party, Networking, Meetings & Workshops
6. The Hop Bar, Beer DeLuxe Fed Square
With a vibrant and lively atmosphere, Beer DeLuxe in Melbourne’s CBD has an incredible 40 beers on tap, a selection of diverse food, and expansive closed terrace. If you work in the city, this is the ideal location to escape the cold and stop in for a drink on your way home.
- Venue: Beer DeLuxe Fed Square
- Address: Federation Square, Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Capacity: 300
- Event Type: Party, Networking, Team Activity, Wedding
7. Entire Venue, Two Hands Rooftop Bar
Abbotsford’s hottest rooftop bar promises to be an extraordinary venue for your next event. With the hottest cocktail menu in town, groovy fluorescent lights, and an incredible view, this indoor rooftop space is fantastic for casual dining or having a drink with friends.
- Venue: Two Hands Rooftop Bar
- Address: 311A Victoria St, Abbotsford VIC 3067
- Capacity: 150
- Event Type: Party, Networking, Presentation, Private Dining, Conference, Meetings & Workshops, Wedding, Team Activity
8. Brewroom, The Windsor Ale House
The Windsor Ale House is the perfect place to enjoy the best of Australian and international craft beer with your friends and colleagues. A unique space with an exposed brick fireplace and comfy booths, this impressive venue should be your Winter local.
- Venue: The Windsor Ale House
- Address: 42 Punt Rd, Windsor VIC 3181
- Capacity: 100
- Event Type: Party, Presentation, Private Dining
9. Holla coffee roaster
If you’ve got a party or a special event coming up, Holla has you covered. With a long bar and booth seating, this is the ideal venue to kick back and relax over a wine or beer. Holla’s interior (by Tim and Alix Designs) features a calming shade of moss green on the walls with hanging indoor plants and black tiles.
Venue: Holla coffee roaster
Address: 284 Victoria St, Richmond VIC 3121
Event Type: Party, Networking, Presentation, Private Dining, Conference, Meetings & Workshops, Wedding, Team Activity
10. Whole Venue, Poodle Bar & Bistro
The Lounge at the Poodle Bar has art-adorned walls, a cozy fireplace, views over Gertrude Street and offers a stunning dining experience. This is the perfect venue to settle in for a wonderful night of terrific food and delicious food with family or friends.
Venue: Poodle Bar & Bistro
Address: 81-83 Gertrude St, Fitzroy VIC 3065
Event Type: Party, Networking, Private Dining, Meetings & Workshops, Wedding
When it comes to venue hire, Melbourne bookers can trust HeadBox to help find the perfect space for a memorable event. So let’s get started, contact the HeadBox team today.
1. Who can use HeadBox?
Anyone! Whether you’re a corporate booker looking for a private dining room, meeting room, Christmas or EOFY party venue or you’re a social booker looking for the perfect spot to host your birthday party, hens night or wedding – HeadBox has you covered.
2. What is HeadBox?
HeadBox connects corporate and consumer bookers with venues and suppliers and is the easy way to book, manage and deliver everything in one place. No long searches, no stress, no hidden costs.
3. How do I submit an event brief?
Submitting an event brief is an easy process. Our intuitive brief builder will take you through a series of questions collecting all the necessary details needed to host a great event. We want to know details such as where your event will take place, on what date, how many people are attending, and what your total budget is. Once you submit this information, relevant and available venues will respond to your brief!
4. How long will it take for venues to respond?
Our venues are super quick to respond! You should receive responses or a proposal within 24-48 business hours.
5. What are the top 5 things to consider when choosing a venue?
The cost, the location, style, capacity & catering options.