It’s almost that time of year again- the Melbourne Cup! An event this exciting deserves to be celebrated in an outstanding venue. Venue availability is quickly filling out and we don’t want you to miss out. Grab your fascinator or most stylish hat and watch the race that stops the nation in one of these fabulous and classy Brisbane venues.
Centrally located on Adelaide St in Brisbane’s CBD, Motorwagen Café & Restaurant is innovative, elevated and showcases a European style. Spacious and with ample light, this venue boasts a variety of spaces that will suit your Cup celebrations. From 12pm – 3pm, enjoy 3 hours of beverages, food, and entertainment throughout the afternoon with amazing prizes for the best-dressed man & woman, the best race day hat & fascinator and much more.
Gather your friends for a truly great day out! $150 per person.
- 3hr drinks package
- 3 course meal
- Best-dressed man & woman
- Venue: Motorwagen
- Address: 300 Adelaide St, Brisbane City QLD 4000
- Event Type: Parties, Networking, Presentation, Private Dining Weddings
Bring the team together for a fantastic day on the terrace, overlooking the river for an afternoon of fine food, horse racing and Veuve Clicquot. Patina, is a beautiful modern and contemporary restaurant in Brisbane’s most iconic heritage-listed building, Customs House. Guests can be assured of excellent food, fantastic river views and friendly professional service.
Don’t miss our and grab your tickets for $250!
- Three course lunch with canapés and prestige beverages – 12-3pm
- Veuve Clicquot
- Craggy Range and Henschke Wines
- Chandon garden spritz
- Door prizes and charity sweeps
- Venue: Customs House
- Address: 399 Queen St, Brisbane City QLD 4000
- Capacity: 50
- Event Type: Private Dining
Darling and Co
Enjoy your Cup day at Darling and Co, Brisbane’s premier event space. Darling and Co boasts a variety of chic function spaces, sustainable dining options, entertainment, and a welcoming ambiance, making it THE ideal setting for any occasion. Tickets include a fabulous 3 hour beverage package including a cocktail on arrival plus beers, wines and fabulous fizz flowing from their fountain, they’ll also have substantial canapés & showstopper grazing stations.
Add some incredible carnival themed entertainment, drag performances, fashions on the field, sweeps and more, this Melbourne Cup party is set to be the highlight of the calendar this year!
$159pp | Stand up event
Bookings essential and tickets are limited, so get in fast!
- Venue: Darling & Co
- Address: 157 Given Terrace, Paddington QLD 4064
- Capacity: 260
- Event/Type: Conference, Private Dining, Parties, Networking
Brisbane Racing Club x LINA Rooftop
Located in the Lower Level of the Squires Perch at Eagle Farm Racecourse, soak up all the raceday atmosphere with reserved seating and an incredible view down the home straight while you enjoy a taste of the Mediterranean with LINA’s delicious cocktail food menu and a flowing beverage package including champagne Whispering Angel rosé, exclusively available to this event.
With DJ entertainment to keep the party going between races you will not want to miss out on Spring Social with LINA Rooftop this Melbourne Cup Raceday!
- Racecourse Admission
- Exclusive access to the lower level of the James Squire Perch
- Reserved seating in your choice of space (11.30am to 5.00pm)
- Cocktail food Menu curated by the team at LINA Rooftop
- Five-hour platinum beverage package including local and imported beer, Moët & Chandon champagne, Whispering Angel rosé, and premium red and white wine
- DJ Entertainment
- Betting facilities
- Televisions for local and Interstate races
- 18+ Function
- Venue: Eagle Farm Racecourse
- Address: 230 Lancaster Rd, Ascot QLD 4007
- Capacity: 250
- Event/Type: Parties, Weddings
Friday’s Riverside is Brisbane’s most iconic riverside venue. The venue features a rooftop bar with 180-degree views of the Brisbane River and the iconic Story Bridge. At the venue’s Bridge Bar, your guests can watch the iconic race, sip on delicious drinks and take in the fantastic view. Don’t miss out on the ultimate Cup Day party hosted by Kip Wightman! Catch all the racing action live throughout the venue, plus sweeps, fashions around the tree & live music.
- 2-course share style meal
- 3-hour beverage package, including spirits, wine and tap beers.
- Live entertainment
- Race sweeps
- Fashions around the tree
- Venue: Friday’s Riverside
- Address: Riverside Centre, 123 Eagle St, Brisbane City QLD 4000
- Capacity: 250
- Event Type: Networking, Parties, Team Activities, Weddings
Looking for a private space to host your own Melbourne cup event, why not let HeadBox do the work for you? Submit your brief and we will find the best venue for your private Melbourne Cup event big or small.
- Who can use HeadBox?
Anyone! Whether you’re a corporate booker looking for a private dining room, meeting room, Christmas or EOFY party venue or you’re a social booker looking for the perfect spot to host your birthday party, hens night or wedding – HeadBox has you covered.
- What is HeadBox?
HeadBox connects corporate and consumer bookers with venues and suppliers and is the easy way to book, manage and deliver everything in one place. No long searches, no stress, no hidden costs.
3. How do I submit an event brief?
Submitting an event brief is an easy process. Our intuitive brief builder will take you through a series of questions collecting all the necessary details needed to host a great event. We want to know details such as where your event will take place, on what date, how many people are attending, and what your total budget is. Once you submit this information, relevant and available venues will respond to your brief!
4. How long will it take for venues to respond?
Our venues are super quick to respond! You should receive responses or a proposal within 24-48 business hours.
5. What are the top 5 things to consider when choosing a venue?
The cost, the location, style, capacity & catering options.